Summer living in Upstate NY is glorious…fresh air, cool breezes, and moderate temperatures. Most of the time, that is! For a few weeks each summer, however, the heat can be oppressive, and coupled with the high humidity we tend to encounter, our homes can get sticky and uncomfortable. According to Energy Star, there are specific steps you can take to lower the humidity in your home or office.
In addition to Mother Nature, indoor humidity can come from many sources:
- Leaks in roof or foundation
- Small gaps around windows or doors.
- Leaking water pipes, toilets, showers or tubs
- Showers, cooking, clothes dryers
Tips to minimize the humidity in your home or office:
- Install ample vents in your home, primarily kitchens and bathrooms
- Install a dehumidifier in your home
- Keep your air conditioning maintenance up to date!
- Check dryer ducts to make sure they remain clear and open
Be sure to read our blog post 9 Tips to Reduce Humidity In Your Home for more Information on how to stay cool, dry, and comfortable this summer. See our service areas, and call us today at (518) 745-0401 to schedule your appointment!
You may also like: